Thursday, January 9, 2014

Whole30 Day 8-I haven't pulled my hair out yet!

Today marks day 8 of my Whole30. Today, I feel like crap. I honestly don't know if my body is finally "detoxing" off all the sugar and processed crap, or I am really getting sick, or a combination of both. I woke up this morning around 5:00AM with a THROBBING headache that I could not kick, and I was all stopped. up. So, I thought the headache was just sinus pressure but I took some sinues medicine, and some migraine medicine, and it still hasn't really gone away. I have also felt queasy alllllll day. NOT FUN. And, the only thing in the world that sounds comforting or good to me right now is a steaming hot bowl of Campbell's terrible-for-you Chicken Noodle Soup, and a stack of saltine crackers. I have done so good so far but today is really testing my willpower.

In happier news, as of today, I am down 8 pounds since the New Year. I reset my weight loss total on My Fitness Pal so it is now only counting weightloss for this year. That is pretty exciting, I think! I am sure a lot of that is water weight and just my body being SHOCKED by these things called vegetables! But hey, a loss is a loss!

I have continued chugging my water like it's going out of style and am averaging anywhere from 64-100 ounces a day. Which also has the negative side effect of me peeing EVERY 5 MINUTES. Seriously. Yesterday, I went before I left the office, and by the time I drove to to the grocery store I was about to bust again and had to go before I could shop! I am also waking up at night to pee.

Speaking of sleep habits, I have been sleeping like a rock. And again, up until today, I have been feeling super rested during the day. I have woken up in the middle of the night to pee but I go right back into a deep sleep! The only problem is I am sleeping so deep it is hard to wake up in the mornings! Once I make myself get up I am not tired at all but initially getting up is hard because I feel like I am in a deeper than normal (for me) sleep.

So far I have stuck to my goal of working out 5 out of 7 days. Since I started, I skipped Sunday and yesterday.... so as long as I make it tonight I am still on track. But, I feel awful so not sure if I will make it tonight it not...If I don't go tonight I will work out extra hard or maybe even get an extra workout in on Saturday. It's not like I'll be doing anything else!

That is one thing that sucks about Whole30. The things that I normally do to socialize are kind of off the table. And yes, I could just go and not eat/drink like everyone else....but that is just SO HARD. I am not sure I have the willpower to do it. I see a lot of weekends with my dogs in the near future. At least until February 1st!

BTW, I am already planning my first non-Whole30 meal. I want white cheese dip, chips, and margaritas. I'm just gonna go ahead and break all the rules, at least for that one meal! Like I have said, I am not "going paleo" or continuing on with these crazy rules after Whole30...I am not doing this to identify food allergies or foods I need to eliminate from my system....but I do intend to try to eat "cleaner" in general, and will get back into a diet more like what I was doing lats January-May...Where I was counting calories and trying to be health-conscious, but I still had my cheats, and I still was on grains, dairy, and legumes...just proper portions and as part of a balanced diet.

Some pictures from the lat few days:
homemade "creamy" tomato soup-made with coconut milk, shrimp sauteed with Ghee, garlic, blackened seasoning, and lemon, and roasted asparagus.
 

 
 Roased veggies (squash, zucchini, mushrooms, onions) and grilled chicken:
 

homemade mayo! I tried once and it failed, my second attempt was a success! Not as good as Kraft...but it'll do for now!

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment