I've done this twice before. They recommend doing them 3-4 times a year. Here are some "flashbacks" from my previous cleanses:
Since I seem to have somehow ALREADY hit a plateau after giving up Whole30, I figure maybe this will get things going again. I really wanna see that scale go down a little more by the end of January.
Also, this weekend I worked at my second job (I don't have a full-time second job, I just work fill-in/PRN shifts for a group home for teenage girls in foster care...it was my first job out of college before I started as a Family Service Worker and if it paid the bills I would stay there full time forever), and let me tell you....if you ever want a big dose of HONESTY, just go work with a house full of teenage girls (who have not had the best upbringing and therefore don't really understand social norms regarding what is and isn't appropriate to say and they have no filters). So, they have noticed I have been being "healthier" when I am at the house lately. I have been bringing my water bottles instead of diet cokes, bringing and making my own meals (salads, grilled chicken, fruit, etc.) instead of eating with them like I usually do, and I've told them I am trying to be healthier. Wellllll this lead them to conclude that i MUST be pregnant. I mean, they have been seeing me being "healthier" for almost a month now and I guess I certainly haven't gotten any smaller! And obviously they believe that my belly looks like it could have a bun in the oven. I didn't come out and tell them I have been "dieting" because....I don't know, I feel like teenage girls already have such fragile self esteem and society puts SO MUCH emphasis on body image....so I am always sure to tell them I am just trying to be healthy and make healthy choices for my body, rather than that I am "going on a diet."
I guess their interpretation of that is that I am making healthy choices and trying to be healthier because I am am growing a baby.
I tried to not take this personally (but I mean-C'MON-it's never fun for a not-pregnant woman to be asked if she is pregnant....), and use it as a teaching moment to help them understand why they shouldn't go around asking people this so maybe they wouldn't do it in the future. I explained that I was not pregnant, I really was just trying to be healthier for ME, but that even if I was, they should not have asked me. I explained that a lot of women are not open about their pregnancy in the beginning and that it is an extremely personal decision who to tell and when about a pregnancy. Aaaaand now I am pretty sure they all just still think I am pregnant but that I really don't want them to know. So, that's that.
I am not signed up to work again until probably the end of February....I am hoping that next time they see me it will be obvious I am not pregnant as my stomach is not growing and that I will actually look smaller and hopefully NOT LOOK PREGNANT at all.
If I was having my doubts about doing the cleanse this week.....
THEY ARE LONG GONE NOW!!
Ever need some motivation?? Just wait until people start assuming you're pregnant when you aren't. And that clearly you being pregnant is the ONLY reason they would believe you would be drinking water and eating salad and grilled chicken... If THAT doesn't get your attention, I don't know what will!!
I start Monday. CHEERS!!
No comments:
Post a Comment